I Want to Sue for the Loss of My Child, But the Other Parent Doesn’t Want To. Can I Sue?

Yes. Under Texas state civil law, parents can sue to receive compensation for the wrongful death of their legal child (including adopted children.)

Each parent has the individual right to bring a wrongful death lawsuit. Married and divorced parents all have the right, and do not have to file a lawsuit together.