Motorcycle Wreck & Injuries
Trustworthy, aggressive legal help for motorcycle accident victims.
Riding a motorcycle on the beautiful Texas roads and highways is an increasingly popular pastime. So is riding a moped or scooter around cities like Austin. Sadly, motorcycle accidents are also increasing, prompting a large number of Austin motorcycle lawsuits.
Motorcycle riders can suffer a variety of injuries when involved in an accident. There are several factors that impact the severity and type of injury. Perhaps the most crucial of these factors is whether or not riders were wearing helmets at the time of the accident. Other factors may include the involvement of other vehicles in the accident, speed, or weather conditions.
Motorcycle accident injuries can include:
- Head injuries, including TBIs (traumatic brain injuries);
- Serious spinal injuries, paralysis or paraplegia/quadriplegia;
- Neck and facial injuries;
- Broken bones;
- “Road rash” and scarring;
- Coma or even death
Motorcycle Accident Injuries or Wrongful Death Lawyers
Liability, or legal responsibility and obligation under the law, as it relates to a motorcycle accident lawsuit in Austin can be complicated and seem confusing. The motorcycle accident lawyers at Justinian & Associates are here to help guide you through this trying time.Your insurance company might offer you recompense and coverage that seem sufficient, but an important thing to remember is that the insurance company might offer as little help and compensation as possible, keeping profit the highest priority – they’re businesses, not charities. In the horrible event of wrongful death after a motorcycle accident, you might not be in a position, either emotionally or mentally, to make the necessary and serious, complex decisions on your own.
At Justinian & Associates, we are passionate about pursuing justice in the wake of wrongful injury from motorcycle accidents. Our job is to fight, support, and help people and their family members when they have been affected by another’s carelessness.
In a motorcycle accident lawsuit, you might have a claim against another motorist, against the motorcycle manufacturer, or against a government body that was negligent in road maintenance. No matter how the motorcycle crash occurred, the motorcycle accident lawyers at our firm welcome the opportunity to listen and see how we might be able to help you.
Austin Motorcycle Accident Lawsuit
If you choose to file an Austin motorcycle accident with Justinian & Associates, you’ll use the Austin Police Department and the Austin Municipal Court, which are located at: 301 W. Second St. Austin, TX 78701; and 700 East 7th St. Austin, TX 78701, respectively.
Here are some recent statistics concerning Texas motorcycle accidents.
- In Texas, about 100 motorcyclists are killed for every 100,000 motorcycles registered (0.1%)
- Unhelmeted motorcycle riders are almost twice as likely to be killed in the event of an accident.
- Texas motorcycle riders age 20-29 account for more than 25% of all motorcycle fatalities annually
- Texas motorcycle riders are 25 times more likely to be killed in an accident than a passenger in a car or truck.
- Nearly half the deadly Texas motorcycle accidents involve alcohol.
Motorcycle Safety Tips from the Texas Department of Transportation
- “Wear a helmet and other protective gear.
- Turn on your headlights and ride defensively.
- Avoid the center of the lane where debris and oil build up.
- Ride at a safe speed, and never ride if you’ve been drinking.
- Take a course to learn or reinforce safe riding techniques.”