Were you or a loved one hurt in a pedestrian accident?
- People walking on sidewalks or in crosswalks have no protection against vehicles traveling at unpredictable speeds or drivers engaging in distracted or careless behavior.
- When the driver of the car or truck is uninsured or underinsured and hits a pedestrian, insurance aspects of the case can be tricky.
- Justinian & Associates can advise you of your rights in a pedestrian injury case and fight on your behalf.
We’re taught at an early age to look both way before crossing the street but even the most vigilant pedestrian can never prepare for the unexpected. In the horrible event of a crosswalk or pedestrian-related accident, our team of pedestrian accident lawyers at Justinian & Associates is here to help.
A pedestrian does not expect drivers around them to:
- Drive through crosswalks or on sidewalks;
- Drive over curbs due to careless driving;
- Ignore pedestrians who have the right of way;
- Speed or otherwise drive recklessly;
- Engage in distracted driving; or
- Drive under the influence of drugs or alcohol (DUI/DWI).
Those walking on sidewalks or in crosswalks have no protection against motor vehicles traveling at unpredictable rates of speed or drivers engaging in distracted or careless behavior. These types of ‘pedestrian vs. auto’ accidents often result in severe injury or even death. Sadly, recovering compensation for medical expenses, pain, and suffering can be difficult without filing a pedestrian accident lawsuit.
A pedestrian hit by a motor vehicle suffers significant injuries, such as:
- Head injury or TBI (traumatic brain injury);
- Broken bones and bone fractures;
- Painful or crippling bruising and contusions;
- Back and neck injuries;
- Skin injuries; or
- Catastrophic spine injuries, including paralysis, paraplegia, or quadriplegia.
Hit-and-run pedestrian accidents
Pedestrian accidents often have an element of “hit and run,” where the driver of the car flees rather than stopping to render aid and report the accident as required by law.
When the driver of the car or truck was uninsured or underinsured and hits a pedestrian, insurance aspects of the case can be tricky. The pedestrian may be eligible for monetary compensation through his or her own auto insurance, homeowners insurance, renter’s insurance, accident insurance or other sources.
For legal counsel after a pedestrian accident, contact Justinian & Associates.
Our lawyers can advise you of your rights in a pedestrian injury case and fight on your behalf.