Get help now from a dedicated boating accident lawyer.
- A number of tragic boating accidents occur every year in the Austin area.
- Operating boats recklessly, or operating a poorly maintained boat, can result in boats capsizing, colliding with other boats, or collisions with people on jet skis or other personal watercraft.
- Determining fault in a boating accident case requires investigation, documentation, communication with every eyewitness, and identifying every individual and entity accountable.
Austin has a lively water-loving community. Lake Travis, for instance, is a popular destination for those in search of a refreshing time in the summer sun. And with seemingly endless days of triple-digit heat, Austin offers many opportunities for boating activities. Sadly, with all the boating activity in the Austin area, a number of tragic boating accidents occur every year. Our dedicated boating accident lawyers at Justinian & Associates work tirelessly to protect the rights of boat accident victims in Travis County and across the State of Texas.
If you’ve been injured in a boating accident, or have suffered the loss of a family member in a boating accident on Austin’s lakes or along the Texas coastline due to another’s negligence, it’s essential that you secure a boat accident lawyer to help navigate the laws and regulations surrounding boating accidents and boat accident lawsuits.
Boating accidents may have many causes
The major causes of recreational boating accidents are:
- Operator inattention
- Speeding or reckless boating
- Dangerous or reckless passenger/skier behavior
- Alcohol or drug use, BUI (boating under the influence)
Operating boats recklessly, or operating a poorly maintained boat, can result in boats capsizing, colliding with other boats, or collisions with people on jet skis or other personal watercraft.
In addition, negligently-designed, negligently-maintained, and defective boating equipment can cause accidents that may result in legal claims against the boat’s manufacturer. No matter the type of watercraft accident you and your loved one have endured, the boat accident attorneys at Justinian & Associates are here to help.
There are important questions that can determine the validity and strength of your boat accident case. Here are some of the most important factors:
- Was the operator of the boat intoxicated at the time of the accident?
- Was the boat operating at an excessive speed for the circumstances, location and water conditions at the time of the accident?
- Was the boat’s operator in compliance with applicable code regulations regarding the proper operation of a watercraft?
Meeting time-sensitive Federal law requirements regarding boat accidents is crucial.
Federal law also requires that victims of boating accidents file a report with the nearest state boating authority. The Code Federal of Regulations requires that a boating accident report to be filed within 48 hours of the occurrence of any of the following kinds of incidents:
- A fatality that occurs within 24 hours of the accident
- A person’s injury that requires medical attention beyond first aid
- Damage to the vessel that results in more than $2,000, or in the vessel’s total loss
Hiring the right maritime law attorney may make or break your case
The attorneys at Justinian & Associates are passionate about pursuing justice in the wake of negligence and wrongful injury, especially when your well-being and the livelihood of you and your loved ones is at stake.
Determining fault in a boating accident case requires intensive investigation, documentation, communication with every possible eyewitness and of course, identifying each and every individual and entity accountable.